The Combine Forum banner

S670 powercast tail board

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  chaffdog66 
#1 ·
I just bought a S670 with a powercast tail board , it has 4 padddles on each side. my dad has one that has 5 padddles on each side. Can you tell me the difference. thanks

#7 ·
I could just not get a nice even wide spread with the powercast, for me the standard tailboard did a nicer job of spreading. The guy I got it from was taking the powercast tailboards off his combines and putting the standard tailboards on because he did not like how they spread. Tried different speeds but did not seem to help. Only used it for one year, but was wishing I had keep my standard tailboard.
On the other hand my neighbour has them on his 9870 combines and likes them.

#9 ·
Nephew has power cast on his 680. It puts all the crop material in a 5 or 6 foot strip on each side. Haha threw new parts an done everything they say to do an still does a terrible job. In wheat it will put the majority of the straw in the outside dual tracks. My single fan spreader on my Gleaner does a better job spreading evenly.

#10 ·
As started above if there is lots of material or it is tough remove the fin in the back in the center between the spreaders. The advanced powercast works excellent but is more money, cause it comes with an overshot beater which is needed for the chop to drop door. You get push button swapping to windrowing straw and spreading chaff at the same time,or just chopping.

#11 ·
In theory the powercast works well. Unfortunately in light crops in won’t spread very well and then in heavy crops it windrows to the edges. I have tried removing the diversion plates which does help somewhat. I have also remove 2 paddles on each spinner which allows chaff to get spread directly behind the header. I would highly recommend installing stainless wear plates as this will significantly increase the life of the spinners. I am seriously looking at going to a Redekop chopper next

#13 ·
Yes we have a chopper dam it is not as easy to engage or disengage like Class.Most people do not know that it is even on the chopper.When combine comes from the factory it comes installed underneath the chopper and if you want it installed it takes 3 minutes and 6 carage bolts.I have told many people to install it when they complain they wan a better chop and they are surprised you can do that.

#14 · (Edited)
Yes we have a chopper dam it is not as easy to engage or disengage like Class.Most people do not know that it is even on the chopper.
Sometimes the dam helps cut as much as knives 1/2 in, no dam.
Ran knives completely out last year 3/4’s of the time, just set dam to suit.
But, that was last year, on track for an easy doubling of straw volumes this year, fuel suppliers:sFun_mischieviousbi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.