The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Combining peas yesterday and towards the end of the day things weren't feeding well. I thought thinks were getting tough. Suddenly the header clutch slips so I stop everything and back up to reverse it.then I can see that the right side of the header has been pushing hard into the dirt for about 10 feet. The table is full of dirt. I clean it up and start again. Alarms go off for tailings elevator not working. Here the belt was slipping on its drive because it also got packed with dirt. I'm pretty sure what caused this was an issue with the sensors on the table. Now I have no idea how to unpack the tailings elevator. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can take off the tailing belt and try moving the pulley on the top back and forth. Take the door off the top of the elevator, that should give the dirt some place to go. I would blow out as much dirt as I could. If the auger is slugged you will probably end up taking the chaffer out and blowing and digging it out. Once you get the auger free if it is plugged you should be able to free the conveyer chain by working it back and forth. I had a s680 plug in high moisture corn and it was not fun. Be sure to check the tailing slip clutch to see if it needs new clutches. The sensor on the head should give an error code on the command center if they are bad. You might try upping the hydroflex pressure if the head is a hydroflex. Also make sure nothing is broke like a flex arm under the head.

·
Registered
71 Posts
With bottom door open you should be able to get it pull through. Rather than kicking separator on and the slip clutch going off (and grinding itself down), us the switch to "rock" the system on and off. You want to just barely turn the switch on to where the machine starts and shut it back off. You'll be able to hear the slip clutch make a couple clicks. No more than a couple clicks. Keep doing this until it doesn't click any more, then you're good to go.

Must be something in torque on the really low speed of start and stop to where the clutch will drive. I'm not an engineer, I just know it works. The BS rethresher is worse about this problem than the tailings return. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts