The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2013 S670 is there anyway to adjust the length of time it takes the soft start unload auger to come on. Our combines are take between 17 and 20 seconds from the time you push the button till they Start auger in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
For you guys that the auger takes 15 seconds or more to engage are they by chance pro drive machines? If so there is a spring broke in the manifold on top of the main engine gear case. I will get you a part number tomorrow when I get to work. When you take the plug out the spring will be in a bunch of pieces.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The part number of the new spring is: CE31802. Have them refrence DTAC solution 96497. It shows where the spring is located in the valve. The only machines that can calibrate the unloading auger are the S680 and S690 since they are Closed center hydraulics.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Solution Number: 96497
Solution Summary: Unloading Auger and / or Separator are Slow to Engage or Other Low Pressure Hydraulic Problems: MY13 (755101-764999) S670 with ProDrive ONLY (Active)
Publication Date: Sep 2 2014
**Paper copies of solutions may not be the most current solutions**
Complaint or Symptom :

Operator states the machine shows signs of one or more of the following symptoms, while no Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) are active related to the commanded functions:
  • Unloading auger will not engage or engages slowly
  • Separator will not engage or engages slowly
  • Rotor speed will significantly decrease/drop under normal crop loads while the power meter bar graph on the PDU does not increase
Problem or Situation :

Spring (CE30444) is prone to breakage on these particular machines (MY13 S670 ProDrive)
CE30444.jpg
Remove and inspect the spring (CE30444) from the main engine gearcase pressure regulating valve; Service ADVISOR location (V39) for damage.
V39.jpg
Solution :

If the spring (CE30444) has failed replace with spring (CE31802). When making the repair use a magnet to verify that all remains of the failed spring have been removed from the port. Any pieces of the failed spring remaining in the port can cause regulated pressure to over exceed the systems limits causing downstream failures.
Once the spring has been replaced, use a pressure gauge to verify regulated pressure is within specification, and shim accordingly using shim(s) (R33521). This will also verify all pieces of the failed spring have been removed.
Additionally, the Fitting (61M5152) that connects to the Steel Line (AXE15930) must be removed and replaced by Orifice Fitting (DE30976).
If the spring (CE30444) has not failed, continue with diagnostics per TM111919; Operation and Test; 280A Main Gearcase – (S550, S660, S670); 50 Diagnostics.
Additional Information :

We strongly suggest that dealers keep one spring (CE31802) in their parts inventory if they have sold any MY13 S670 ProDrive combines. If you have sold several of these combines then increase the inventory quantity to two springs. This issue does not affect any other combine models or model years or transmission options.
See Solution 5630 for information regarding Combine Serial Number Ranges by Model Year.
S670
AUGER, ENGAGE, SPEED, ROTOR, PTS, CE30444: Compression Spring, CE31802: Compression Spring, DE30976: Adapter Fitting, AXE15930: Steel Line, COMB SEP, 5462

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.