The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone.

I'm new to harvesting soybeans, this is my 2de year, so my knowledge is limited and I have alot more to learn.

I'm running a S670 with a 630f draper cutting soybeans.
There is alot of beans that get pushed over and some times the beans doesn't even make there way to the middle of the header, it falls of half way.
I played around with the reel but I could only do so much with that, I'm not sure about the draper belt speed and the pressure on the header.

Can someone tell me what they're settings are set on please.

What I need to know:
Hydraflex pressure
Draper belt speed

And then maybe the average settings for the combine, I have it where there is the lowest amount of trash in the hopper and the lowest amount of splits, but I would think there's room for improvement.
Threshing speed
Concave setting
Fan speed (the highest mine can go is 980)

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Chris: Many of the questions you are asking depend on things like ground condtions or cutting speed.
Make sure your head is set at the right pitch fore/aft. Read the owners manual for the correct angle. Adjust the combine faceplate as needed. A head rolled to far forward could be the problem.
The draper belt speed should be just fast enough to carry the beans smoothly away from the sickle at the ground speed you are running.
The flex pressure should be between 1000 & 1700, and just high enough the head does not drag.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If the beans are getting pushed over it sounds like your ground speed is too fast or your reel isn’t pulling them in. If you are cutting short beans that the reel can’t grab you might consider an air reel or a air bar to help push them in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts