The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
We have MY14 machines with the options you speak of. They are better than previous Deere models/rotors. Very little banging & noise from the machine, we didn't plug once this year which normally we would a few times a year. BUT, thrashing tough wheat was much worse than our old 9870s with bullet rotors. So i would say we increased throughput and decreased grain quality.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have MY14 machines with the options you speak of. They are better than previous Deere models/rotors. Very little banging & noise from the machine, we didn't plug once this year which normally we would a few times a year. BUT, thrashing tough wheat was much worse than our old 9870s with bullet rotors. So i would say we increased throughput and decreased grain quality.
Did you run soybeans with this setup?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I had the new feed accelerator put into my combine and did not find much difference. Feeding was good, but acceptable grain loss was not happening.
Seriously wondering also if the intensive separating grates will help.
Personally I would buy the bullet rotor.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Did you have the rice feed acc with the spikes or just the deeper wing type from deere??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you opt for the rice beaters as well. Sounds interesting keep us posted
It has the 8 wing beater up front. This machine has rye grass clover radish mustard 12 to 13 t/ha wheat and 10+t/ha barley peas Lin seed/flax red beet and a few other silly things to harvest so over the next three months I will get to know the good and the bad. We are fully irrigated and very close to the coast so cool damp conditions a lot of the time. Got sick of spending lots of money maintaining my 460 evolution lexion. This is my first dark green combine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.