The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2012 s690 combine and we just got a new to us 2012 FD40 header. I hooked it up today and the joystick controls are backwards and not really working. Can go up and down and only tilt to the left. No fore and aft on the reel and the reel only goes up and down sometimes.
The reel up and down button lifts the header up and down.
is there a way to calibrate the joystick controls ? I have plenty of hydraulic fluid. Was able to perform the autoheight calibration.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The header may have been setup for a late model S series (2016 and newer) you’ll have to remove the check valve block that gets installed in the hydraulic lines on the header. Earlier model combines had the check valves installed on the combine side.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
This is very strange. The Header Up/Down is a completely different circuit hydraulically then the Reel. The only way this could happen is if your joystick /controller is completely messed up. THere is no calibration, its a keypad (sorta like the one I'm typing on! - your list is sorta like hitting A and getting G).

I would try unplugging the header, flip off the battery disconnect for 10 minutes, and see if you get the header up/down back.

The Reel F/A should move the reel F/A and/or roll the head forward and back, if you throw a switch (provided by MacDon). Reel Up/Down is just that.

The check valve described above is in the reel F/A circuit. It may be a problem, but the problem will be "The reel f/a moves jerkily" (both head & combine have a check valve) or "The reel f/a just slowly slides clear forward when I let go of the button" (no check valve in either). It won't be "The functions are switched around"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will look into the check valves just to be sure but sounds like something a dealer might have to figure out. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts