The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S77 auto header height controls and auto tilt aren't working (9250 draper head). I've been through header and draper calibrations multiple times. On the screen it intermittently shows the tilt and height jumping all over and as soon as I turn it on I get errors coming in (header right sensor open, header left sensor high, header right sensor high, tilt error, etc). I'm also getting a can communication error on my separate agleader monitor that is only used for guidance. Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix it? The tech has been on it for a day with no luck. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Stop guessing and get out the voltmeter. There is a small black module on the back of the head, that takes in 6 sensors and outputs 2 signals to the combine. Measure both the supply voltage and ground, and the outputs from it, at the 12pin plug coming off the module. If the sensor signals are good and steady, or the power supply is jumping all over, then suspect a controller issue in the combine. If the supply is good & steady, but the sensor signals are jumping all over, suspect a sensor or module fault. Unplug sensors 1 at a time and see what changes.
Pretty sure you have a controller or CAN problem in the combine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The S77 is bang-bang. Unless you have installed the Headsight proportional update kit. What the OP is describing is his input sensor voltages jumping all over, not the actual header. Form all the errors he's getting (which include errors on the combine (faceplate tilt sensor)) He's either looking at a supply voltage wire shorting (unlikely to continue to jump around) or a controller failing, OR a communication problem that is creating those errors but the actual sensor signals are fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
make sure all the sensing rods from the pots are tight, I secured mine with a couple tywraps to make them not wiggle around as bad, they get loose after a couple years. then verify the voltage range, I think they are 1.2-3.9 that I liked to set the range at any further and it would give alarms.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I had 1 kinda like this happen this year. The power wire coming from the single point connector was spliced into multiple wires about 2 ft from the single point. That splice was breaking making my voltages go wacky.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think we've got it figured out. The sensor for one of the drag rods (which I've never used) broke off and the wires were shorting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts