The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me will the concave that came with the combine work ok with a Shelbourne stripper head? I read that they make a special hard threshing small wire concave to work with Shelbournes.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
These machines really shine with stripper headers, the concave is just fine as long as you buy a filler kit from agco to plug up some of the concave. Its nothing more than some flat iron thats fastened to the wires of the concave via J bolts.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The factory offer some fillers that bolt onto the front two bolts that secure each concave section. They only fill the front two slots of concave and do not fit tight against bottom of wires. This is why I would usually just pull concave and either weld plates to wires or fabricate removable one if you might want to remove at some time. I suspect you will want to fill in a minimum of three spots if you have hard to thresh conditions. I have also added 1/8 to 3/16" shims between bottom of concave and frame so I can shorten top eyebolts and end up with tighter clearance at the front. You want to be sure top bolts go in freely if doing the shim job. Slot as needed and also check clearance to cage when adjusting up to zero. There could be interferance here also if shimming. Just do a little trimming as needed. Newest concave frame has provided more clearance but still need to be sure you have clearance when tring to adjust to zero. Hope to investigate new small grain concave fit to bars when we get one in. It may just do what we are doing with shim job and dont think they will need filler bars. Have not seen the actual clearance between wires yet so dont know for sure about the fillers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts