The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try this again. Have our S77 in the shop that we got last fall during corn harvest and noticed that it doesn't have any knives on the rotor. Will I need them in there? Seemed like we had more rotor loss with this than we did with the R75 we had traded in. Conditions were all the same. We had been running the 75 and then switched to the 77 the next day. Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
They helped with through-put and rotor loss on my 76, hate they aren't putting the brackets on the new 8's. I'll try it stock first, but my gut tell's me I will be pulling rotor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They will help. I hope the new chopper on the s8 will be all thats needed to create vacuum to allow the grain to separate from the trash. If it dosnt it might just suck it all out the discharge

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fought our s-67 with loss till I finally found out about the knives and put them in. Traded for a new 67 this year and will be switching our old rotor into the new one. Didn't want to chance not having the mounting brackets to put them on if I wanted to. Going to cut 3 of the discharge paddles off also. Hopefully between this and the smaller chopper I will see the true potential out of this one and not be fighting stuff all the time and being disappointed compared to the 66 we had before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts