The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the live swivel has started leaking oil and has made a nice mess in the compartment and had some stuff smoldering. Can I just unplug the harness that goes into it to disable the reverse cycle or do I need to unplug the solenoid also on the block to keep it from pressurizing it so I can keep running. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have rebuilt one and it was only an o-ring I think? I also put new bearings in. IMO if the fan is taken off care needs to be taken so you don't place a strain on the union and oil line or bends the shaft and then it leaks. A rebuild kit was some ridiculous price

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have rebuilt one and it was only an o-ring I think? I also put new bearings in. IMO if the fan is taken off care needs to be taken so you don't place a strain on the union and oil line or bends the shaft and then it leaks. A rebuild kit was some ridiculous price
Is it possible to do this with out removing the whole fan assembly?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I did take the blades and hub off because I didn't know what I was in for. Maybe take off a couple of blades and you can get to it alright. I think it only screwed into the hub

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the live swivel has started leaking oil and has made a nice mess in the compartment and had some stuff smoldering. Can I just unplug the harness that goes into it to disable the reverse cycle or do I need to unplug the solenoid also on the block to keep it from pressurizing it so I can keep running. Thanks.
If you have a reversing fan most soybean farmers in my area disable the reverse mode when harvesting. They tend to blow soybean chaff on the engine manifolds and caused some unpleasant outcomes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts