The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harvesting beans last year had the live hydraulic swivel for the smart cooling fan start leaking oil. Could have burned it up since it had coated everything in engine compartment and then had bean dust sticking to it. Luckily I had stoped to look at something and smelled the oil and grabbed the water extinguisher to put out some smoldering spots. Ended up just unplugging the solenoid that activates it to finish harvest but did notice it seemed to use more fuel. Anyone had one apart? Can I just pull the bolts and take the cover off or does the whole fan need to come out? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
You need a new rotary union cartage I think it’s held in there with a snap ring you probably don’t have to take the fan off maybe just that front hub where that cartage sits in there, the cause could be that the Hyd hose had some tension on it and wore out that cartage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had to pull the fan to replace the center union. No way u you'll be able to feel the snapring with all that gunk in there. Removed three blades and the hub pulls off with 4 bolt and out she comes on the rotor side of the engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts