The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Really unhappy with S780/S680 in canola. Last year we had huge canopy so I didn't gripe too hard. This year our canopy is much smaller and easier to thresh... But we are only able to eek 12-15 acres/hour out of the Deeres which is roughly 700 bushels/hour. Were straight cutting Invigor L233 and L255, been sprayed with glyphosate for 3 weeks. Still losing too much out the back as-well.

Can anyone tell me how a Lexion is performing in 65-70 bushel canola straight cut??
Acquaintance of mine has a 680 and he swap out his concave (s) for the sunnybrook ones. Claims it gave him about 10% increase and did help out some for a cleaner sample. https://www.sunnybrookwelding.com/images/blog/Hardened_concave_separator_600_pxW_.jpg

https://www.sunnybrookwelding.com/john-deere

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't know if anyone else on here has mentioned this and I've never been in a canola field before but does that S780 have the pre-cleaner extension in? If it does take it out because that thing is only good for 220bu+ corn only. In all other crops it is a hinderance and causes loss off the shoe. That thing will rob your air and keep crop off the chaffer and it can't process the crop. We pulled them out of our 9870s and made a huge difference. New machines can be ordered without that in them but the sales person has to click a button or else it is standard in all Class 8 and 9 machines going back to the 70 series.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Don't know if anyone else on here has mentioned this and I've never been in a canola field before but does that S780 have the pre-cleaner extension in? If it does take it out because that thing is only good for 220bu+ corn only. In all other crops it is a hinderance and causes loss off the shoe. That thing will rob your air and keep crop off the chaffer and it can't process the crop. We pulled them out of our 9870s and made a huge difference. New machines can be ordered without that in them but the sales person has to click a button or else it is standard in all Class 8 and 9 machines going back to the 70 series.
My understanding is all S780-790 came to western Canada as special setups. No precleaners as one. Also some major changes to feeder houses on all s780-790s and changes to grain loss system and how it works. Deere also tweaked some other stuff. Comparing a s780 to a 2016-s680 there is some differences in performance and capacity.

Make sure if you have a newer Deere to take out covers on separator grates on left and right side. It will help with rotor loss

·
Registered
695 Posts
Make sure if you have a newer Deere to take out covers on separator grates on left and right side. It will help with rotor loss
I've never understood why they come with those covers on the separator grates...we've always taken all of them out as soon as we get the combine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can’t see a problem, one less triple B, Bogus Bushel Believer!
No I never was. I believe in scales and because we sell all our crops in metric ton we have libramatics scale on our grain cart running season four now. Grain cart measured weight is 1-2 % under sale ticket, so the numbers are pretty accurate . No triple B for me. That`s how I know how many bushels the grain tank of the 770 holds. :troll-face-meme-smi
10400kg wheat when the third sensor alarm comes on after 100%.
For the guys who don`t know what the third sensor is: grain on the cap roof.
;)

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
No I never was. I believe in scales and because we sell all our crops in metric ton we have libramatics scale on our grain cart running season four now. Grain cart measured weight is 1-2 % under sale ticket, so the numbers are pretty accurate . No triple B for me. That`s how I know how many bushels the grain tank of the 770 holds. :troll-face-meme-smi
;)
Lol, the people I harvest with bought my cart with the Libra system on it, fornicated the canine with pounds the first year we harvested together, always converting for both yield and trucking, this is the definition of insanity I thought.
Next year and ever since all kg.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I don’t know a single farmer here who reports their yield in tons. Calls a field by hectares or puts on fertilizer by the kg per hectare.

But god bless the tiny few with nose high in the air that do! Kinda like those French cocksuckers who talk French in your presence and talk **** about you thinking you don’t understand them. You know the ones....:22:

·
Registered
869 Posts
;)
My roof hopper is full right now.
Case ones don’t let you know your fillingvthe roof hopper till it’s full and running over.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
;)
Whats the bushel weight of the wheat? Is that tough or dry?;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don’t know a single farmer here who reports their yield in tons. Calls a field by hectares or puts on fertilizer by the kg per hectare.

But god bless the tiny few with nose high in the air that do! Kinda like those French cocksuckers who talk French in your presence and talk **** about you thinking you don’t understand them. You know the ones....:22:
That case I guess your blessing me. I find it highly amusing that you fight a war of independence to free yourself from the English crown but then insist on keeping a measurement system largely based on the length of various English kings appendages ;)

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,662 Posts
Seems like we need a “conversion” button or Tab somewhere on the thread page so silly Ozzie’s like me can convert without repeated annoying posts for metric:slapping:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Seems like we need a “conversion” button or Tab somewhere on the thread page so silly Ozzie’s like me can convert without repeated annoying posts for metric:slapping:
So in your avatar, are "those" measured in metric??!!! lol

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
That case I guess your blessing me. I find it highly amusing that you fight a war of independence to free yourself from the English crown but then insist on keeping a measurement system largely based on the length of various English kings appendages ;)
Joe and I are still subjects of Queen Elizebeth the Second here in Canada. And, um, our King and the Crown was the opposing force in the War of Independence. We are not independent here in Canada since the Crown still owns Canada. That hasn’t been fixed yet, but it might get done when the snowflakes and crotchety old feminists get a good old dick swingin King. Not before.

·
Registered
745 Posts
As Canadians we have left our American friends in the realm of the antiquated and incredibly inefficient system that our monarchy left us , we however feel the need to reference our old system to quantify or compare our numbers . This being said we cannot escape the fact that our land is in sections bordered by a road system that is in miles .

41 - 60 of 99 Posts