The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I ran one in some heavy wheat. Cut about 23 acres of wheat got 2400 bushels off it. So heavy yes. Had 40 dynaflex. Had never in my life run a machin other than a deere.

The machine did well spread the chaff and straw across the 40 feet which impressed me. Did not have the knife bank in just the chopper. The wheat was lodged and green stemmed so the head was plugging at feed house. They took and added flighting around notched auger. Helped some but was still plugging feeder.
Was tough going and being unfamiliar with machine probably made it tougher.

The performance of the machine itself was good I thought. Was running about 3.5-3.8mph. The fuel useage was around a 1.0-1.2 GPa. I thought cab was comfy. In all I liked the machine. Wish I had more time with it. Only had 35 hours on it so wasn't broken in at all. I'd guess that thing would be an animal with some break in time on it. The day I used it wasn't wa out either so was poor going and could still get good ground covered. Would love to try it on a warm August day with some experience under my belt. The header felt a little heavier to me than what I'm use to running. Seemed lateral tilt did more big moves instead of constant little moves. I "felt" it move much more than my 9870 with 635f.

I didn't like how auto steer was not on joystick not how deeres have 3 header presets that you push to activate header height and auto steer and to raise head. Those are little things that just would take getting use to I think.

Like I said would love to run it after that 50 hour break in period.

The losses were good in that we have had plenty rain on that piece and not much for volunteers.

If I knew I had dealer support and parts availability everyday I'd look at purchasing one for sure. We have stellar support from the gooseneck john deere stores here and well butler that serves gleaner line is too busy I feel with construction the ag doesn't get attention it deserves. I don't know that for sure but I could see it being the deal. I know the salesman that brought out demo said they have 3 positions open for ag sales at minot store currently.

All in all I liked even though I had zero familiarity with controls ect.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Don't know which machine Minot had out but I could help them eliminate any feeder plugging. I'm sure we will be sharing alot more info between stores as Butler is selling a bunch of these machines and excited about the Gleaner option they now have.

Don't know if Dynaflex was new enough to have the latest feeler rod POTs but if not they have larger range of voltage thus they respond better. Otherwise sensitively knob for tilt will settle down the lateral tilt movements. Also if the up and down was hickuping a guy would slow up the up and down speed or crack the accumulater 1/4 turn valve open just a bit.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I tell you what Dan if you could get your knowledge here it would be a real benfit for them. I really liked the machine. Wouldn't hesitate to own one all other things being equal. When thiga were goig smooth it was a better machine than what I'm use too. 1600bph is darn good especially with the conditions I was in. I'd love to see it in standing dry 75 bushel wheat.

They were saying those engines have a 50 hour break in period before they really humm? Also had reverse bars in as I operated also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.