The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Neighbor tried a 7230 and a 8230 this fall. He had the 7230 in the same field as our S77 in soybeans. Both had 35' flex heads. Grain cart operator said the S77 was going a little faster but basically the same speed. But the neighbor told me when he switched to corn he had to drive so fast, he was 6 mph with the 7230 and 7.5 mph with the 8230 both with a 8-30" corn head, 175bpa corn. His rotor loss was unacceptable when the machine was not full. I do not own a S88 but have owned Gleaners my whole life. Gleaners have a lot of capacity but I have not seen a machine that was so dependent on keeping full as the 8230 and the 7230 was. I know you would happy with the S88. The S88 is not the same Gleaner as the past, I was talking to a friend that bought one, he said the S88 is the real deal and he was more impressed with the S88 than he has ever been with a gleaner.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
The case rotor designed to be efficient at higher horsepower ratings, and if you don't run 12 row heads your wasting ur time..
The cases need a pfp rotor mod, or your going to hate the... I can't get my dad to fix ours but 2-5 bushel losses is to common. 7130 8 row head...
And its rotor loss.. With 14 Gordon bars to.. 16? Full set..
Before we had them it.. Grinding issues are big too.. Lost bushels without knowledge
And they are not easy on fuel..

The 7 cylinder is a smooth criminal! (Michael Jackson style). And not the fondling ur kids.. Lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
The 45ft macdon should have room to dump as it is offset, dynaflex is centered on feederhouse. I might guess that there would be more room with the 45ft mac than the 40ft dynaflex not sure someone correct me if I'm wrong as I don't own a mac or a dynaflex. Also its my understanding that you want the mac set up right to feed the gleaner but if its set up right it works great.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I also added an additional long spout to the already long spout, that helps a lot with a 40 ft. Dumping straight into trucks you have plenty of reach, if not careful it will dump on the ground on the other side. It's just the big cart's they come up a little short. Still wouldn't trade for another color just to get a longer auger. The 35 ft. is the perfect head for any combine, I wouldn't even consider anything longer than the 40.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I have got a feeling I am going to get throttled over this question, but here it goes: why has gleaner never updated the unload system instead of having it at a angle? Would it not give more clearance for unloading and make it possible to utilize the bigger heads easier? Let the lynching begin...

·
Ken Adams
1,355 Posts
I have got a feeling I am going to get throttled over this question, but here it goes: why has gleaner never updated the unload system instead of having it at a angle? Would it not give more clearance for unloading and make it possible to utilize the bigger heads easier? Let the lynching begin...
The only thing they need to do , is come up with a power spout - had some adjustment in and out and maybe rotate a bit , so there is some control for back and forth. The in and out would be the most important one for me.

Oh, please Gleaner, do not change your simple, fast unloading auger!!! Maybe make different lengths available, for now your auger is too long with my 36' head dumping into tandem trucks!!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I would like to see them go to a belt style, conveyor belt across the bottom of the grain tank, and then belt unload with a telescoping second belt deck to reach further...

Not likely, but the unload auger on the gleaner is that way to reduce the amount of parts needed.

For the design of the rest of the combine, that style works the best.

·
Registered
161 Posts
They came out with turret unloader in late 1990's but from what I have read on here some didn't like them noise and more problems so it is not offered now. Think they are staying with simple, light weight, fewer problems.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.