The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have 2 S98 having a grain loss problem in a wheat crop. Cause being build up of straw over sieves because the straw is too tough. Is there a way too be able to make these machines thresh more aggressive.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Sunny brook rotor. Has 8 rows of bars instead of six. And they are staggered. That my plan for next year

·
Registered
59 Posts
You also can get 1/2 rasp bars for over the concaves from sunny brook. Make sure filler plates are in and if your not having any rotor loss put the cage cover on left side, this will reduce shoe load. I take it you have white caps in tank as well?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Are you sure your not over threshing? It has to be broken up to get through the holes in the cage to get to the shoe. I don't know your harvesting conditions of hot and dry or humid.

If too much straw on the shoe I would want to adjust so less gets there not chew up more to load even heavier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Currently have 2 S98 having a grain loss problem in a wheat crop. Cause being build up of straw over sieves because the straw is too tough. Is there a way too be able to make these machines thresh more aggressive.
Do you have sweeps? How many reverse bars? My guess is to put in sweeps and Start with 2 reverse bars separator side.
I also agree that you are over thrashing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for feedback, found that some reason it has 4 rows of reverse bars and 2 rows of 2 reverse bars on number 1 and 3 and forward bars on 2 and 4. Guessing this is my problem, what would be the best combination?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have a reverse bar on each section with all bars spaced .25" and it worked well. At times it did have loss on the centre sieve loss monitor if you had sensitivity up. It's a matter of playing around, but when your head is down and bum's up who wants to stop. This would be from overthreshing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts