The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my '89 1640 for a '94 1666 turned the threasher and feeder on and got out to inspect everything and the feeder stopped after a few seconds. Realizing that when Im in the seat it stayed running and that there must be a safety switch. Really good safety thing but I oil my corn head drive chain and auger chain While running at idle. How do the rest of you do it or did you ..um....bypass..... the switch. I know its prob. not recommended. Oh I really like the air ride seat

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
On the Challengers we set the accelarator unpluging tool on the seat and fold the seat back down on it to push the tool down. Not safe but it works.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yea , I just put my lunch pail (which is a hard plastic) on the seat then fold the steering wheel onto it to hold the switch on. Like Harsh says not safe but lets me oil the chains or check for extra noises!

·
Registered
14 Posts
we use a stick that goes from the seat to the roof then air the seat up. the best way is to have someone sit in the seat. this is a good time to bring in a youngster. thats how i learned what switches did what.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a 2 pin conector going in to the switch, pull off the connector and use a 2 in piece of wire and 2 slide on crimp togathers to make a jumper. As long as the circuit is close everything is ok. I've also heard of people wiring in another "disable toggle switch" so the can manually control the seat switch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am not one to complain or rant. But don't the manufacture add these safety devices to their products to cut down on serious injury to farmers. Why bypass? Is your livelyhood not important to you your family. Just wondering!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts