The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have quick question

The same combine can be used for all crops???
for example if have combine say AF 8020 then, can i use same for crops like Wheat, soyabean, and corn too.

I know that i have to use seperate header for Wheat and corn.

If same combine can be used for all grains then, other then header, what are the components need to be changed???
or what are arrangement to be made for different grains.

Reply me as soon as possible

Thanks
Chat

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
A quick answer: yes.

Longer answer: What typically needs to be changed between crops are threshing and separating elements (concaves and grates on CaseIH machines). Sometimes the sieves need to be changed, but most guys can get away with one set for what ever crops they grow. Adjust concave clearance, rotor speed, fan speed, sieve opening, and in some conditions, transport vanes, rock trap/stone retarder, and beater/chopper, and you're good to go.

I've heard of stationary 1680s being used to harvest watermelon seeds. That's something I'd like to see.

Maybe from a distance.

·
Registered
341 Posts
It is quite amazing what little changes can be needed and still get the grain from so many different crops with the same basic machine. I have harvested Corn, Soybeans, Winter Wheat, Spring wheat, oats, milo, Sunflowers, Canola, Durum, Barley, Lentils, Yellow Peas, Burmuda grass, Alfalfa, and Sudan, all with a 9600/9610. most of these with just adjusting the basic machine. The burmuda grass required the most changes like concave inserts, fixed lower seive, and a tarp over the grain tank because the seed was very light and we even combined it 2 times. One time the farmer had canola get hailed out if i remember right and the next year when he seeded it there was a little canola that did make seed that got worked in and grew right along with the lentils. we tried to get as muych of both crops as possible and they had a cleaner at the bins to seperate it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
We have harvested with 8010:
Bluegrass: rye grass ; clover; pees; mustard; buckwheat; raps; wheat; treticale; barley; Didn't try the corn yet but we will this year.
we use a lot of improvements for different crops to get the best performance. it is possible to go like it is but it pays of to spend some hours on preparation and then get the job done in half time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys for quick answers.

It seems very intresting.

Is there any statdard document available which can explain (or guide) about the changes needs to be done for different crops.

Thanks again

Chat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts