The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we haul our grain to North Dakota w our farm plated semi with minimal paper work or a current safety? Oh...what paper work is required for the non commercial hauler, like a farmer hauling his own grain?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i hauled farm machinery to north dakota from sask need broker and greeneye electronic manifest this was 3 years ago

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
I hauled some stuff from ND a few years back, had to get a DOT# and buy permits cause it was over-width/length and fuel permits, was also some fees at border. Now DOT keeps hounding me for more paperwork to keep my #. It seems that I will need to have an interview at some point, provide safety info on trucks, undergo drug testing.......Crazy! It keeps getting put off (by them) but I'm thinking of letting it lapse and just hiring someone if I ever need it, maybe that's what they want?:rolleyes:

You go on the DOT website and see if you can figure that out! Major pain for small business IMHO.

I also think there is COOL for grain too and only certain elevators can accommodate the paper-work but I don't know this for sure. Basis starting to improve on wheat here but much better south of border.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts