The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the first batch!

Swathing canola... Proven 9553

This is Metcalf barley... Looked awesome until the wind knocked a bunch of heads off :(

Combining barley.

Using the new auger... man is it fast :D

First of our new bins showed up.

Doing canola.... Scraper from the BHP mine site headed to Lever Enterprise's shop.

Traffic jam! Just starting up for the day... in wheat. Unity to be exact.

Filling a grain ring.

2nd bin setup.

Sadash wheat.... man those were big swaths.

Flax

Demo combine out ;)

Questions/comments/etc welcome!

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love it.

It's a 30' 1987 model.... We're doing some electronics upgrades for next year, getting rid of the pedals, etc. (modernizing it).

It cuts fast. We could do a quarter in 10 - 15 hours or so

·
Registered
61 Posts
great pics i can remember when dad had an 860 that was the combine i learned to drive combine with about the same crops north of humboldt up by middle lake

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
nice pics. Dumb question but whats with the plastic under the grain piles?

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Love it.

It's a 30' 1987 model.... We're doing some electronics upgrades for next year, getting rid of the pedals, etc. (modernizing it).

It cuts fast. We could do a quarter in 10 - 15 hours or so
Thats good, We had one a 22ft it was just before they went to the massey 200, I believe it already had the electronic joystick controls, it was like dying and going to heaven when we upgraded from our 550 ccil's to that, they were a good grain machine, hay header not so much.

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
meritmat, the plastic is silage poly.... makes cleanup much easier, and allows for complete cleanup ;)

Here's an interesting tidbit... Our 860 was originally sold new from Mid-Center agri... out of Humboldt, sk. You could say she's come home!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
ya kinda figured, just was wondering if you worried about water seeping in and causing spoilage?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Getting mosture into your pile and having no place to go, heard some storys of guys getting a nasty surprise when they went to move there pile and the water could not find a way out. Just wondering if you ever ran into any problems like that

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not yet.... That barley got moved into the bin already... tarp was dry.

The wheat we are going to move next week.... I guess we'll find out, but probing down to the ground it looks good.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
thats good

I think its more the guys who leave it till spring when snow has a chance to get in

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep... The other thing too, on the ring, the tarp is folded up, so there's no grain hitting the steel, it's all inside the poly... that way water can't get into the ends of it.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Is the hole in the 722 swather big enough to put a heavy stand of canola through it? Is there any issues with getting parts for these swathers? We have been looking for a used swather. Do you use a swath roller for canola?

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IMHO, yes it's big enough... we had no issues with it this year, but our canola wasn't "super" either...

Parts are easy to get.. they are the same thing as the MF 200/220/220 series II, so you can get everything through AGCO.

We didn't use a roller, but we will be using one next year.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
A heavy wide steel roller like Buhler that tucks in the edges of the swath can help decrease the wind damage compared to the plastic pull type rollers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts