The Combine Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Sledders best friend in the cold is clothing. That fact can't be changed but it does give them the advantage on being hard to identify. Burka in the bank has been made to be acceptable. Truth is damage from a snowmobile driven by someone on farmland can be harmless. Most farmers don't care really but sledders hunt for powder and fields where they are sheltered. Trouble is those areas are by farm yards sometimes. Small shrubs can get chewed up and the noise factor. Back in the early 70's you had to have a yellow number on your sled here. I still remember 46 on dads old Massey 440 WT. and I can't remember on the 300. They were 4" high numbers that were reflective and easily read on the side of the hood. Snow covered license plates weren't an issue back then.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Grumpie is just like me. I have long tracks so hate riding trail, will use a trail to get to a different riding area and then it is off looking for places to play. I heard of people doing some pretty stupid things like going through yard sites and mowing down young trees or cutting fences. Littering is just another example of idiots. If you can pack it there you can pack the empty stuff back home. Simply staying away from yard sites would be a good first step. But then you are riding road ditches and passing within a few yards of a guys house so some people don't get the idea of making big swings away from a yard site in other instances.
Had bird hunters set up this fall 300 yards from the house, didn't get any permission or knock on the door. It was harvest so maybe they tried. I was busy and had stuff to combine with rain coming in a couple hours that morning so didn't go over there. Dealing with idiots was not the way I had in mind of starting an already crappy day.
So there is reasons for trespass laws. Mainly because of idiots and outright vandalism. I see there is an online snowmobile course the kids need to take to legally operate a snowmobile on public land. This is regardless if you have a licenced sled or driver's licence as it applies to anyone born after 1998 I beleive. I will have to see if the cover things like land owner courtesy. Laws are fine but they don't stop those who have no respect for anything.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Always going to be different opinions on trespassers, some who think its their God given right to go where ever they please, and others who like me have seen in a month what most might experience in a lifetime...it all depends on where you live. And when I lived and farmed previously in a high density developed area, well I had enough and that is the reason I have zero tolerance for some dumb SOB on a idiot machine that can't respect private property. Sure here where I am now it is almost none exsistant compared to what it was like at my old farm, but what I put up with in the past still haunts me and is why I have the zero tolerence for it I do. I have posted in the past about how that was like, the total disrespect of my property, fences, crops, livestock and pets, never mind my privacy, to levels I know most of you can't begin to imagine or appreciate. But it does happen and to those that it occurs with alarming frequency, it pisses you off to the point you are like me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I hate to keep harping about this but it seems there were doubters. Just got back from Regina and see two fresh tracks from today through my yard. Crashed through the shelterbelt and out my driveway. I haven’t finished the fencing around my gate yet but I’m sure they would have just cut the wires anyway.

FEE129DA-7845-498A-A6A5-62E3204A380E.jpeg

21 - 24 of 24 Posts