The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to save straw to bale for bedding ,have r75 with chopper one fine cut the other is regular . what can i do to keep straw as long as possible
R

·
Registered
897 Posts
Combine when its tough, is about all that works. Depending on how wide your header is perhaps you can work back and forth and rake two rows together. Thats what we did. It was easier to start a bale in a round baler when the swath was much bigger. Its been a number of years since we ran a R series.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to save straw to bale for bedding ,have r75 with chopper one fine cut the other is regular . what can i do to keep straw as long as possible
R
[/QUITE
Last I tried something new regarding this. I ran the chopper on slow speed. I toke the long paddles off the spinner and made two that were just long enough to come to the outside of the spinner disc. I also reversed the spinner so the straw was spinning toward the curtain amd slowed the spinner down. It didn't make supper long straw. But it was nice to have the straw on stubble instead of in the tire track and made in much nicer to pick up with the baler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts