The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just happened to see a combine parked way back in a field away from the rest of the combines parked by the road, so I decided to drive back and look at it. It def has a new but similar looking cab that appears to be wider, a new seat, no cornerpost displays like current machines have. The door was locked so i didnt go in it and there was a sweater thrown over the console connected to the seat it appeared to have a larger Command Center screen to replace the cornerpost displays i guess. Also the back window was about half the size of the current machines and the top of the roof line was different with a different light arrangement and the greenstar bubble was kind of recessed in the roof line instead of hanging out front. The side mirrors were mounted from the top of the cab with beacons on top of them. The side plastic is also different it looks kind of like an 8010 towards the rear of the machine. I didn't get a real good look underneath it as I didn't want to spend too much time around there but it def. has a rotor in it not sure about bi-rotor like everyone is expecting though. Also it had a 40ft draper hanging off the front of it. And electric folding hopper extensions.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Imagine that! Deere copying Case. Sorry I could not resist. But seriously, do you have any pictures of this? Did they have any numbers on the side of it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasnt at imperial although it was in nebraska i got a few pics on the cell phone but they dont look that great. It had 9870 on the side but i doubt that means anything.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well they shouldnt have covered up the console. I mean they already tru up a big red flag when it wasnt parked next to the other combines right.

·
Registered
809 Posts
For anyone who farms ground that has a slope to it. The big thing that would excite me about the new generation Deere combine would a leveling system for the sieves.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
midwest that would be a good thing... aren't they doing that yet? i thought they offered that last year or this.

also why a smaller back window in the cab... i like seeing as much of the tank as i can...

i hope the seats are more comfy than the 9760 i rode in... no offense but that was rock hard and uncomfy... id say that no matter the color/brand..

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
What a massive unloading auger!
Wheelbase appears unchanged, but body shrouding longer.
So let's see here, longer augerXlonger bodyXpercieved performance/realiability/larger hopper/better comfort= let's see, carry the 1...
Yep.
500 grand.

Don

·
Registered
293 Posts
Man, that auger is huge! It is made for one large header. Also if Don is right (which i'm guessing he is) for 500 grand that combine is going to need to cut a lot of corn.

·
Registered
590 Posts
As big as it is, it better be numbered 10180 STS for $500,000.

I don't see any resemblance to an 8010 plastic design, pretty clean design on the plastic. The whole back panel probably comes down for access to the engine, guessing from the break in the corner panels.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Why is it so much longer?

Maybe Deere found out that the Lexion design with normal treshing and separating roters is more efficient? Atleast the size of the combine looks like a hybrid system!

You say Lex590 beware, but there is still the Lex600. Moreover the series will probably get an upate this year (there are also pics). They might show it at the Agritechnica.
I hope to see the new Deere there too!
But maybe JD is able to compete with the Lexions and NH CR combines again...

It would be so funny if this thing hs a hybrid system. What do most of you guys do then? I hear so often that this kind of design is too complicated and the biggest disadvatage of the Lexions.

Thanks for sharing the pics, I might link them to german forums.

1 - 20 of 739 Posts