The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Hmmm interesting, with arse that way the dust will site on the inside around the motor, liking the look of the cab though, be innteresting to see it alongside a Lex 600 in performance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
nice sleek design on the whole machine, is that a custom cutter who owns that or a local farmer? is that the new flex draper on the new machine nice pics

·
Registered
590 Posts
Mother Deere owns it. It is not for sale to anyone yet.

I would be surprised if this machine is a hybrid. Besides, Deere has built one for over 15 years, the CTS, and still does. This is most likely an enhanced super STS (or single rotor for those of you in Rio Linda)

·
Super Moderator
3,073 Posts
Yes but the 600 peaks at 586hp Greg the 590 "only" 516.
BTW the NH CR9090 has 591 so Deere has quite a bit of chasing to do.
A hybrid would also have additional separating capabilities which the Deere feed accelerator doesn't.

Don

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Guys it's not a hybrid system I promise, there are some key new features in the cleaning system a couple which you can see from the pictures, others are not shown. It still has a bullet rotor but with a new variation on it.

Also that 40ft draper on the front is a flex draper look at the supports for the cutterbar underneath the front of it, also the end shields are different.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Why are there no bin extensions on the new combine? It seems that it would stick out a lot easier without them...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just saw the pics. Not sure why they want to copy the old CIH 8010 design and build a big wrap around box up over the back of the combine for trash to collect in........or am I seeing something that's not there?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I hope it doesn't have the rethresher on the tailings (returns) i have seen on some prototypes that looks like they found a 510 Massey in a junkyard and transplanted it... and with the direction and size of the tailings auger i'd guess thats correct....

Running more tailings is not a good thing.... To me the >returns = <efficency

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have to agree with jdmanitoba. If you don't have premission to release information on stuff like this, then why would you? Don't get me wrong finding out about this kind of stuff is pretty cool and exciting, but it would suck losing your job over something like this......

21 - 40 of 739 Posts