The Combine Forum banner

721 - 739 of 739 Posts

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Enough said, just don't wonder why you only have 2 deere combines to sell this year and I'll stick with someone who takes pride in there business.

Nice Job doing what the media always does to the conservative candidates for president- chopping up their quotes to make them seem as horrible as the possibly can. Props for that.

We never said we didn't take pride in our business. Find any customer of ours (There are some on here) and you'll find our service is 10 times better than the conglomerate green only stores in our area. Whatever color performs and sells is what we will promote... I know everyone has things they like, but nothing gripes me more than the guy with the john deere mailbox that wheres john deere boots and john deere socks and john deere pants and john deere boxer briefs with a john deere belt and john deere belt buckle with a john deere t shirt held up with john deere suspenders.... you get the idea... That's not pride thats an obession...

How'd I get on the chopping block for saying limited production numbers will affect Deeres market share? It's true... Way fake numbers but look at it this way... Market share is on NEW MACHINES ONLY... So say im one of the deere dealers that would sell 5 combines and didnt get any this year (This is the southeastern US folks nobody sells combines around here like ya'll do in the midwest)... If i'm loyal to deere and I go out and buy 5 low hour 9770's sell to my customers, and my local case dealer sells even one combine.... you know what my market share is in coorporate eyes for my AOR- ZERO!!!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
come on lexion man read your last post. Who in their right mind needs to wear a belt and suspenders at the same time. Don't you think your exagerating a little bit there.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey Lexionman if you can fly two company flags & make that work I tip my hat to you sir. I personally like your attitude towards customer service;relations ie; if that is what my customer wants than that is what we will sell & service. It kind of surprises me that D&C would not get their shorts in abunch with you selling competitor product as well as Deere,but if they are ok with it than I guess you have a really strong lineup of iron to offer.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The MT's and lexions are divorced. Beings how agco owns the challenger name and claas owns the lexion name. agco is being real cry babies about sharing dealership with any other color.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Call bull all you want to. Its two family owned companys. Giving your customers what they want is not a crime. We are the Claas forager harvester dealers for the Southeast US and our customers saw the quality of the product and the dedication of the company to service and wanted the Lexion. I like both machines and brands and they both have their place. from a sheer standpoint of the company, as far as people and their attitudes, My preference is 100% with Claas. I can pick up the phone right now and call Mr Green, the president of Claas NA on his cell phone- try and get a hold of anyone higher up than your TM with Deere. (Unless you're a Sloan or a Roeder). Deere builds some good stuff. Sure, my username and pictures is with Lexion, primarily because I got on this forum when we started selling lexions so I could learn and talk to other Lexion owners, dealers and salesmen. My shorts aren't, nor will they ever be, any color. To me this is a business not a matter of pride.

·
Registered
961 Posts
its happened to me many times but i just get tickled when someone backs a statement up with pictures when everyone else calls bull

ok, back on topic

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Now there's a chopped quote, What gets me is it seems some of you Cat, Lexion guys whatever have to get your 2 cent negitive comments in every Deere thread. Stop trying to save the world from green ownership. Case in point notice the new 770 class 10 Lexion thread not 1 comment from any JD owner about Yellow crap, market share blah, blah, blah, cause we don't care, nor should you. So if you keep pissing in our house expect to get hacked.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Some dealers can get a couple of the new machines, I know a big dealer in kentucky that will get an S670 and an S690 early on, along with flex drapers, but dates keep getting pushed back, as we were supposed to get a flex draper this year and its been delayed. We had the new machine in old plastic along with the flex draper around for testing last fall. The header is impressive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lexionman if deere is such a generic combine as you say it is, why is it that in my area (north east sask & east central sask) that 2/3 of the combines are deeres. They can go through anything last fall when we were combining in November anything that wasnt green wasnt moving, an if it was you had to line it up with a post. There are a tonne of guys here that run Case New Holland until the combine. I hear that Lexions can walk with the deeres I'd like to try one but the dealership here in saskatchewan is a gong show. I think when this new deere combine comes out itll command the market, but the problem with this combine like every other combine deere makes is they push it out to fast an they have parts of the combine that can't handle what its made for, hopefully im wrong.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
christiansonfarms, you are already worried about reliability of this new deere and no one knows what it will be like. To me it seems that it is totally acceptable for deere, in there entire product line not just harvesting, to have quality control issues, and people are willing to pay more for this.
As for your area it sounds like u have a very aggressive deere dealer, if the cnh/lexion dealers dont pull up there pants, its there own fault. It dosent make the deere better, it means the dealer is doing there job in selling/servicing.

721 - 739 of 739 Posts