The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had very wet seeding again. I sowed about 8% more acres with the 50 ft drill than I sprayed with the 17 ft sectional sprayer(120ft total). So a drill with 10 ft sections would save about 10%. I spent around 400 000 in canola and fert so does that mean a new drill would be cheaper than my old one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No, it means you need to get a scraper....;)
That is the way we see it too. The money saved on SCT is going to better drainage. You will have less headaches on both ends - a simpler drill, less water and nicer fields. :)

If you could save $40 000 a year with sectional control, yes that should probably cover your new drill payment.

·
Registered
364 Posts
So how much overlap do you get with your boom? I have 7 section 120' overlap average is about 10% except for the few square paddocks. Selecon or capstan would pay for its self in the first year. 44' bar averages about 10% also at least seed & fert is not entirely wasted. Looking at upgrading to 60'= tram lining. Fences, trees & creek lines are all slowly getting removed. $250000 a year with a dozer doesn't go very far!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.