The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around for a practical aftermarket sectional control system for my Case 3580 variable rate air cart. I think that all the FC, Case and NH have pretty much the same metering systems. I reached out to Intelligent Ag. but for now they only make a system for JD. Wondering if anyone is aware of a system available for these older carts?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
CNH made a system for them that would shut off half the machine. I think it was basically just a roller swap and some electronics. Other than that I think your out of luck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had heard about the split roller system didnt work very good. How did it work, mechanically I mean?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Brian Tee modified his drill meters to do two sections. Rather than a shaft within a shaft and internal clutches, he ended up making some kind of external drive shaft to drive the meter halves from each end. Obviously he used AgOpenGPS to do the section control itself. From what I understand it works great for him. I am pretty sure he has a mechanical drive system, not the hydraulic variable rate drive.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might be able to McIvor the mechanical part but the electronics definitely be over my head.

With the amount of these carts still in service you'd think there would be a demand for a reasonably priced sectional system. A system complete with meter boxes might be more attractive since a lot of guys wind up having to replace those in time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts