The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys running VR, are there systems that have full sectional VR or are the rates mainly set by full equipment width?

Also for binary fungicide applications, is the on - off controlled by section, or the whole sprayer? Does the whole section have to be within the off zone in order to shut off?
Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Seeding-Most are full equipment width. Seedhawk and Flexicoil are "capable" of Sectional VR, I think Seedhawk had the programming ready for this spring. Not sure where flexicoil was on their set up this spring.

Fung- On/off is by section, and I cannot confidently answer the second part of that question...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Also for binary fungicide applications, is the on - off controlled by section, or the whole sprayer? Does the whole section have to be within the off zone in order to shut off?
Thanks.
I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but speaking to the last question, the Pro 700 monitor with overlap control lets you set what percent overlap will shut off the section. For spraying this is usually set to about 99%.

What do you mean by "binary fungicide applications?"

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but speaking to the last question, the Pro 700 monitor with overlap control lets you set what percent overlap will shut off the section. For spraying this is usually set to about 99%.

What do you mean by "binary fungicide applications?"
Binary fungicide is using a map to apply or not apply fungicide to portions of the field. If there is reduced vegetation, it probably doesn't need fungicide. Spray only that parts that would benefit. That info can either be satellite or drone generated - or even elevation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts