The Combine Forum banner

Seed Hawk Loup 3 Hydraulic Drive problems

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DakotaFarm 
#1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm doing everything right. Our issue is we recently upgraded our ground drive metering system to the hydraulic drive system on our 600 bushel tank and have nothing but problem. The hydaulic motors that turn the metering rolls will randomly stop and start or slow down. We have tried everything to get this working including bleeding the hydraulic lines on the hydraulic motors, we have also replaced the motor and valve blocks with no luck. Also we have spent hours on the phone with Seed Hawk and our local mechanics trying to repair this issue. A Seed Hawk rep also came out to our farm and had no couldn't find the problem and neither could the mechanic he had on the phone. This isn't a constant issue either, we could go for an entire day without a problem then the next pass it will start acting up. Any ideas would be great!

#4 ·
Okay the guy who our dealer sent out was the area rep, and this is like a 2010 tow behind tank with a new retrofit kit the dealer suggested. The rep said this problem was more prone on the loop 3 monitors but didn't say it was the monitor itself. Gonna have to talk to our dealer and see if they can get us a viper monitor. Thank for the input.

#5 ·
Check wiring harness closely. Ours did all sorts of weird things. Fried 3 or 4 nodes. Finally tried a new harness. Fixed everything. When we installed the new harness found the old one was squeezed behind a U bolt. There were 5 of us (area rep, 2 mechanics dad and myself) crawling all over the thing for 2 days. Not one of us seen it.
Other things we have tried is turn up psi in valve block on right hand side. You can go upwards of 2500. Recommended is 1500.
Also had a bearing start to go out of my fert roller on Sunday night. Roller was hard enough to turn over that motor couldn't do it. Stuck a grease needle into bearing. That helped for a couple more passes. Eventually had to put in spare roller. Been going good since.
Good luck. These are good when they work and frustrating when they don't.

#6 ·
Has any one had issues out there with their sectional control shutting off too soon or randomly lifting up in 1 section as you go down the field? For some reason every once in a while the entire drill will stop seeding going down the field even in manual mode and you have to go back and re seed. Running a 2013 84 foot with sectional control and advice would help as our product support for seed hawk in our area is very poor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.