The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
That Electronic monitoring program can eat **** and die.
“Value Creation”
More like
“Farm income deletion”. ?
Well it’s in the farmers hands. I’ll be damned if I’m buying a Kernal of seed through those company’s and they can stick their monitoring platform where the sun don’t shine.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
It still baffles me how they can be implementing this yet they still haven't decided on how much to charge. When was the last time you bought something and they told you to take it home and they will decide on a price later? This is BS.

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Farmers need to send a message to the seed growers and these companies that are trying to strangle us that we will not support you. They refuse to listen and we will have to make a statement by refusing to do business with them. Maybe we need to at the shows set up a picket in front of their displays warning the farm community to what these guys are up to.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I think a railway blockade would be a good way to get the message across. Perhaps will help inform the public on how the food being grown is being more and more taken over by corporations.

I suspect the police will decide they need to enforce the law rapidly in such a case though.

Yes "value added". All they need to do when using that buzz word is explain how it actually works. I think they mean we can increase market share because we are increasing supply. And increasing supply means more profit because price per unit goes down. Ok, I really can't explain it so we need these people to do it. But does hinge on you being more profitable by increasing supply. It's the basic principle of price determined by supply/demand at work.

·
Registered
706 Posts
When the new regulations were approved this has been on the table for seed developers/breeders, I would rather have them implement it and take on the risk then it be regulated into the seed industry for all new varieties. This will allow them to determine if their variety is so much better than others, because if so, farmers will pay but if not...bye bye. And they can eat the financial risk wholly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts