The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a seed tender for next spring I would like some input on what manufacturers and models people have. Durability/maintanence/reliability. Etc. I am considering either a 40 ft model or a 20 ft mounted on a cab and chassis. There are a few manufacturers out there convey all, meridian, Dakota/cancade, and another manufacturer in the states I think called Norwood. They make a modular unit with poly tanks.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Need more info:

What are you hauling?
Number of products?
Granular/Liquid/NH3 fertilizers?
How big is your seeding system? Do you want enough for 1 fill? 2 fills?

Andrew

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need more info:

What are you hauling?
Number of products?
Granular/Liquid/NH3 fertilizers?
How big is your seeding system? Do you want enough for 1 fill? 2 fills?

Andrew
Granular fertilizer. Starter and blend plus seed looking to fill a 500 bushel cart twice so minimum three compartments must have a conveyor

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
A neighbour bought a new coveyall this spring. It took him 15-20mins to fill his 430 bu cart with one man. He gained 100 ac/day with his 1895 drill. He brought it to the pillar demo day and used it to fill me with fertilizer. It was very fast and easy to use. I like the looks of the meridian trailer better than convey all. They hold their value well and will become more popular and refined as time goes on. $100,000 price tag though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have used a conveyall 40ft 5 compartment tender the last two years. Main reason I went with it was because I do all the filling myself. It is a very heavy trailer,I have never filled all 5 compartments most I do is 3 and a little in the 4th. I have enough product to do 2 fills with a 430 bushel cart,which gets my quarter done. I do a fertilizer blend and seed. Takes me 10-15 minutes to fill. So far no problems with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We run the Dakota cancade unit. 40' triaxle 4 compartment. Wont ever seed without it again. Haven't taken the auger out of the cradle on the seed cart in 3 years. The bonus with this unit is in an hour the rear and belly conveyers comes off and we have another grain trailer for harvest. Unit is ran with a 35hp gas engine so any truck an be used to pull it.
Come have a look before we take conveyors off in next couple days.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We run the Dakota cancade unit. 40' triaxle 4 compartment. Wont ever seed without it again. Haven't taken the auger out of the cradle on the seed cart in 3 years. The bonus with this unit is in an hour the rear and belly conveyers comes off and we have another grain trailer for harvest. Unit is ran with a 35hp gas engine so any truck an be used to pull it.
Come have a look before we take conveyors off in next couple days.
Maybe u be a good neighbour and leave the conveyor on and rent it to me for seeding winter wheat:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have heard that Cancade is in the process of building a new 3 hopper tridem trailer with a slick conveyor system that is multi functional, for seeding and hauling grain.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That s3 tender with the polly tanks that noorwood sales sells, would be my pick if I had the $$
Poly Tanks can be used for liquidand or dry, depending on what you needed at the time of session, prob tend air seeder in the spring, then sprayer and side dresser in the summer, then use it for strip till dry fertilizer in the fall..

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Norwood has caught my eye as well. Seems a lot of our fertilizer blends are dusty/sticky so they auger slowly. Up to 45 minutes to fill 430 bu cart. So not acceptable. Banded some Urea last fall, with straight N it only took 10 minutes with air cart auger. Who is using a Norwood trailer seed tender now? What is your report?

Tia

John

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
A neighbour bought a new coveyall this spring. It took him 15-20mins to fill his 430 bu cart with one man. He gained 100 ac/day with his 1895 drill. He brought it to the pillar demo day and used it to fill me with fertilizer. It was very fast and easy to use. I like the looks of the meridian trailer better than convey all. They hold their value well and will become more popular and refined as time goes on. $100,000 price tag though.
My neighbour has a meridian tender and it had lots of trouble getting fert under the conveyor and stalling it. I wouldn't put meridian ahead of convey all, convey all has been doing it a lot longer and way more experience, plus its bigger and a little bit less money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts