The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering adding the active hydraulic down pressure system from Precision Planting called seeder force to my John Deere 1895 air seeder and was wondering if anyone has any experience with using it. I know there are two different types you can put on, one has an active cylinder and weigh pin on every row and the other just controls the rockshafts of each section independently from eachother. I am thinking the rockshaft section control is all I can justify. Anyone ever got any prices for either system? Was it worth it one way or the other? I drill into about everything from conventional tilled irrigated corn stalks to no-tilling into sunflower stubble that has been dried out and turned into a brick on the top few inches, to mudding in peas in millet stubble.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I'd go with Uniforce from Exapta over Seederforce I think. Uniforce is cheaper than the cheap Seederforce I think, and way cheaper than the expensive one. Uniforce doesn't automatically adjust but I think it is better than an auto adjusting rockshaft design since it is the springs that cause the problems from how I understand it.

I'd look into Uniforce too at the very least.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts