The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it possible to use both shanks for seeding wheat to increase sbu with these drills ? It Would require fert knife to be adjusted to same depth as seed opener ? Thank you

·
Registered
199 Posts
Would you be able to get a paired row opener or something similar to put on the seed shank to increase SBU?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Was thinking to keep narrow knives on both shanks for better canola seed placement and then somehow just lift fert knife for wheat seeding , but maybe not easily done
What happens if you just shorten chain between openers by one or two links ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Only way I could see it working is to raise your fert shank all the way to the top of the slide, that’s how you would do it on a Seedhawk. I still think you would be seeding a little deeper on the fert shank.
I have shank behind shank on my Hawk with Dutch paired row. Then use Dutch single side band for canola.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Only way I could see it working is to raise your fert shank all the way to the top of the slide, that’s how you would do it on a Seedhawk. I still think you would be seeding a little deeper on the fert shank.
I have shank behind shank on my Hawk with Dutch paired row. Then use Dutch single side band for canola.
With the Dutch paired row do you get two defined seed rows or does it come up with a sprinkling between the rows as well. How far apart are the rows? I saw your canola emergence pics they looked good any chance you have some wheat emergence pics as well. Come time for replacing openers would you stick with what you have or go back to factory offset and factory openers?

·
Registered
929 Posts
With the Dutch paired row do you get two defined seed rows or does it come up with a sprinkling between the rows as well. How far apart are the rows? I saw your canola emergence pics they looked good any chance you have some wheat emergence pics as well. Come time for replacing openers would you stick with what you have or go back to factory offset and factory openers?
When it first comes up there are for the most part two rows as the leaves get bigger you don’t notice it as much. I would never go back to the original Seedhawk openers. To me they are too blunt.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts