The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 1:30 am. Been going for 25 hours, trying to finish before rain suppose to hit tomorrow night. Been seeding in the dust. Didnt get any rains in May. Had 3 mm this past weekend. Tractor is a new to me MX 285 . Seeder is a TFS seeder bar 7.7 m, with a locally made hopper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Great pics. I'd love to go to SA one day. So much potential in many parts of Africa.
I hope you don't use all the "forecast" rain up. We need some in OZ......

·
Registered
228 Posts
I hope you got finished and I hope it rained. Best feeling driving the drill home in the rain, in the morning, after pulling an all nighter . Sadly, many people do not have the moxie to pull that off. You do. Congratulations!! Those pictures look like they could have been taken in Southern Alberta. Flat, blue sky and mountains in the distance. Beautiful. My wife spent a year and a half in South Africa. With that connection I really enjoy reading your posts.

John

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pics. I'd love to go to SA one day. So much potential in many parts of Africa.
I hope you don't use all the "forecast" rain up. We need some in OZ......
Don't think we used up all the forcast, but sitting at 26mm so far...happy days.
Just a little pissed, the cab relay decided to shut me down with 10ha left. Was getting dark, when I turned on the lights, everything just cut out.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I got myself a drone. Tried getting some nice vids the last day of seeding. Noob that I am, ended up pushing rec button twice and no recordings:slapping:

Got a few seconds the next morning when doing the last bit of headland.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The blue of the South African skies reflects back out of a dead animal's eyes like no other place in the world where I have hunted. Really would like to make it back there someday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts