The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought a used Seedmaster Drill with a Nova air cart and used it this spring. The seeding tool worked great but we had some trouble with the nova air cart’s sectional control. The sections would turn off when they were supposed to but sometimes we’d have a section that wouldn’t turn back on. The pneumatic ram would stick off. We made sure to see that there was no air pressure keeping the ram off and there wasn’t. It seemed like the internal spring in the pneumatic ram was getting weak or sticking. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought about adding an external spring. Just wanted to see if anyone has had this same problem and found a good fix for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We use air tool oil. There’s an internal spring in the cylinder that is supposed to extend the ram when the air pressure is released, but sometimes the ram would stick. Just a very small amount of pressure pushing on it by hand and it would release.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If it's the old style cylinder than replace it. I had a few go on my on board style and didn't find anything that really worked well to repair them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts