The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I'm a 21yo New Zealand currently working for a harvest crew, and loving it. I realize it's still early, I am just looking to see what is out there in terms of work for early next year. I'm currently on an h2a visa which runs out early January, and I also have a Canadian working holiday visa which hasn't been activated yet, but will be for at least a year. I am just looking to see what is out there in regards to work over the winter from January onwards. I have experience on dairy farms, as well as the experience I am gaining being on a harvest crew. I have my cdl license (north Dakota license) and am currently driving grain trucks. Any more questions, let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice man im also from nz, working on a 15,000 acre farm up in Saskatchewan. The only work in the winter would be hauling grain agricultural wise. Aternativley there is alot of mine work which is 30 degrees while outside would be -30. My two cents is start your visa in april when seeding starts and find an employer looking for some one over the next winter? I am guessing you want work for this winter with out going home? Could always shoot back to Aus and gain more experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.