The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
earlier this week we were going south on I 39 in Illinois we were about 15-20 miles south of I 80 and we met 2 semi's heading north with T670 John Deere combines. Are they selling these machines in the USA or were they headed for Canada? Where do they make these machines?

·
Registered
508 Posts
JD dealer here is claiming they were a success. Maybe they were. They've got another one on their lot. Most likely there headed for Canada or the Northern U S.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Yea from what I have heard these combines will walk all over a same sized rotor combine in small grains with about the same losses etc... especially in a high MOG crop.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Not really as well, due to the fact that corn threshes so much easier and a rotor is much more efficient in seperating & threshing corn off the cob. The WTS is a little harder on the beans as they are put through a regular concaves, then on to walkers then a tangenial seperation drum "fluffs" the crop up to loosen beans in the mat which could cause more cracks. All in all small grains WTS, fall crops/corn STS is your best bet.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Impressive combines in comparism to the old 9600.* They also have some features that I would love to see brought forth on the STS's.* In cab foldable grain tank extensions and the ablility to drop straw for baling while still spreading straw.* John deere has realy let the ball drop in this regard.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Disclaimer: I have no experience with at T670.

Just from my investigations in the pursuit of a high capacity walker machine (to bail straw behind) my findings from conversations with people from up north would be this.

In wet or tough conditions, especially late in the season the T670 will walk over the STS, the CX will walk over the CR. However in dry conditions, the rotary machines really shine, much more through put with less loss.

I have also heard good things about the T670 and CX in corn, though most will say the rotors are a better bet. Never visited much about beans...

I think Alex said impressive machine compared to 9000 series walker. I would agree. Wholely.

PEACE

·
Registered
530 Posts
Laying down straw and spreading chaff at the same time isnt new if you have the parts on the back of a 9000. Deere forgot to put he bigger unloader on it too. It has a different feed drum in the feeder house too I noticed, not really a drum at all more like a 5" diam. piece of pipe with larger flanges where the chain runs, im sure it takes slugs better that way, serrated slats too. and no more clutch on the distribution augers. Six walkers all on wood blocks, they finally discovered what we did I guess, or maybe listened to a customer along the way. Or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Everyone,
First post on here. Very good sight. I am a sales rep for JD in the UK. Thought I better get that out the way early on!!! I will try not to be too biased!!! Over here we had the fist T series on farms last harvest. Fantastic machine.
Just to clear up any confusion the sepeartion system is a regular drum followed by an overshot beater feeding into the secondry thresher, which is the same rotor as the CTS (but obviously mounted crossways), then another beater onto "short" walkers.
Over here in the east of the UK the majority of crops are winter wheat, which yields on average 3.5t/ha, barley and rape (canola) with a few field beans as well.
We have found the T series to match the output of the old CTS in wheat. i.e about 35t/hour average. A very popular machine.
We also still have the basic W series conventional, the c670 (big engined CTS) which is probably our biggest seller and the S690i (560HP STS) which we are doing more and more of.
A little insight into JD combines the other side of the pond. Any questions I will do my best to answer them.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome Penfold, This is a great site, loads of interesting people and topics, were are you in the East, which JD dealer are you with? my father worked for JD for 16yrs until he took retirement and now just plays golf.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Just talking to a local salesman yesterday about them. He said they like to take the T670 out to guys that have 9600's, and WTS's. He said taking out and comparing them to the sts's is a waste of everybodies time. Two totally different machine and rotary boys love the rotors and walker guy just love straw.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts