The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**** I hate getting old. Have been after local dealer for a couple years to split the seive loss pads to show each side loss for 70 & S series machines. No help. Last year I saw on here the info I needed. Worked great. Wrote the address down someplace. We traded machines again, and now I can't find the address change. If someone would post it again, I PROMISE I will write it down in my little book that I keep the most important stuff in. Just hope next year I can find the little book.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What I posted last year.

This sets the sieve monitor to read left and right on a 9770 with a 2600 GS2 monitor, don't know about other setups.Tap on the bottom right corner of the 2600 screen and bring up the main menu. Tap on the Message Center button, top right, then on 'G', second from the top. Tap on the Device box and select RCU.003. Scroll down several pages to 116. Tap and the number pad pops up. Change 1 to 2 and save. Exit by tapping the main menu menu button.

It looks like three rows of separator grate covers on the left side and none on the right balances the sieve in wheat, so far.

·
Registered
71 Posts
S series setup - courtesy of a post from Tom Turner:

RC1
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ n
DISPLAY: Method for displaying shoe grain loss
0 = No display
1 = Display average of left/right
2 = Display left/right independently
RC1
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ n
DISPLAY/MODIFY: Method for displaying separator grain loss
0 = No display
1 = Display average of left/right
2 = Display left/right independently

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 S series combine. I tried changing the RC1 116 and 117 to a value of 2. It did not seem to work. They must have changed something on the 14 models. Does anyone know the correct addresses for the 14 models?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I changed it in my 2011 9770. I would like to know tips on changes to make if it shows more loss on right side or left and how rotor speed affects it. Done harvesting this year but would like to know more for future reference. I only split shoe loss. I thought there was only 1 separator loss sensor on 70 series. A S series must have one on each side.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Play with the separator grate covers to balance left and right side losses. It looks like three rows of separator grate covers on the left side and none on the right balances the sieve in wheat, peas and canola.

I wonder if that right side sensor setting is a left-over from the walker combines?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I can't see any addresses like these in my 9760, but would like to split it if possible.

On a related note, I don't understand why you would have to use separator grate covers to balance the load to the cleaning shoe. Surely more separator covers in place, means less separating area, which must equal more grain out the back??

Under the concave they have those adjustable slides to move material from the sides to the centre, so why not have something similar under the separator, instead of a system that limits capacity?

I'm fairly new to the STS scene, but can't help but wonder why it's done the way it is. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
After a bit of searching I found this reply for a 60 series in one of farmerjones' posts.

Also, remember the sieve loss can be divided so the left and right sensors show individual loss on the display. This is changed in E02 module, address #102. “1” = combined “2” = left and right divided.
Tried it today, and it works great. Only one sensor for the rotor, so that can't be split though.
Press the book/spanner button, then press the Up arrow button a few times to display "E02" on the monitor below, then press Enter. Press the Up arrow button to get to address 102 and press Enter. Use the Up arrow key to change the 1 to a 2 and press Enter, then the return button to get out. If you have a walker machine you can change address 103 to a '2' and split the sensors.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I can't see any addresses like these in my 9760, but would like to split it if possible.

On a related note, I don't understand why you would have to use separator grate covers to balance the load to the cleaning shoe. Surely more separator covers in place, means less separating area, which must equal more grain out the back??

Under the concave they have those adjustable slides to move material from the sides to the centre, so why not have something similar under the separator, instead of a system that limits capacity?

I'm fairly new to the STS scene, but can't help but wonder why it's done the way it is. What am I missing?

I agree, about losing separating area. I throw those covers in the ditch. Open it up and let it breath. Rotor loss is way to common with our heavy straw and those covers don't help anything.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Too much material on shoe will let grain ride out. Too little material and it can get blown out.

Do a power shutdown once and look at the sieves. You'll see how both are possible

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm curious if this works for 2014 machines, as I made the change and still do not get independent loss on the monitor. Seems like the grain loss system has undergone some changes for 2014.

Has anyone got the answer for this yet. Can't seem to separate mine. 2012 s680, or is there another trick for doing it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm curious if this works for 2014 machines, as I made the change and still do not get independent loss on the monitor. Seems like the grain loss system has undergone some changes for 2014.

Has anyone got the answer for this yet. Can't seem to separate mine. 2012 s680, or is there another trick for doing it.
PRE - Final Teir 4 S-Series: RC1 116: change to #2 for split shoe loss display.

Final Teir 4 S-Series: GLM 110: change to #2 for split shoe loss display.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks cobra. Mine is a tier 2, does that make any difference? I'm sure I have tried that before and they are still linked.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks cobra. Mine is a tier 2, does that make any difference? I'm sure I have tried that before and they are still linked.
The RC1 address change should work for anything PRE- final Teir 4 because previous to this the S-Series didn't have the GLM (Grain Loss controller). After entering the #2 in the address make sure you have accepted it with the arrow icon and check to make sure the address has changed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The use of the covers in the separator is simply to balance the straw across your shoe. If to much straw is on the left for example the fan will blow through the RHS. By performing a power shut down and installing these plates correctly it can make a significant difference to your sample for 1 and secondly how much grain is lost out the back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts