The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a person wanted to order some 10B-2 chain online, where would you order from? What brand? Etc. I'm in the US for those of you to the North.

I would like to order some 10B-2 chain to have on hand since most stores around us, if any, don't carry metric chain. We run Diamond brand chain for our 50, 60, 80 chain but what about this metric chain? Educate me. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
My kids atv. I just learned about metric chain in the last 60 days. It pissed me off. I put a 40 chain on and called it good.
I just hope they dont use this on Deere balers cause I just replaced a chain that seemed a half link off in overall length and it didn't seem to fit in the sprockets correctly and I was blaming it on paint but not real comfortable about how it fit.

Made a joke about it being metric but I'm going to cry if it actually is cause I didn't know it existed!

·
Registered
977 Posts
There's a new one... thought they only used metric chain on atvs and dirt bikes ect. Wasnt aware they threw this wrench in....

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wait a minute here! What uses metric chain?
Sunmaster headers. Only did I learn after owning one for a few years, and searching online for a part, that it is actually just a rebranded header from overseas. Can't remember the brand, I'll have to dig out the parts listing and search for a part again to find it. Every chain on it is metric, well maybe not the gathering chains. Unsure on that. But even the chain tensioner tightness specs are in millimeters.

Learning what I have in the past few years as far as this metric stuff, I may have looked into a different head. I do love the job it does though.

Either that or I need to just be more diligent at a maintenance schedule and routinely replace things on it. Broke a chain on it this evening. Luckily we did have a spare on hand.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Sunmaster headers. Only did I learn after owning one for a few years, and searching online for a part, that it is actually just a rebranded header from overseas. Can't remember the brand, I'll have to dig out the parts listing and search for a part again to find it. Every chain on it is metric, well maybe not the gathering chains. Unsure on that. But even the chain tensioner tightness specs are in millimeters.

Learning what I have in the past few years as far as this metric stuff, I may have looked into a different head. I do love the job it does though.

Either that or I need to just be more diligent at a maintenance schedule and routinely replace things on it. Broke a chain on it this evening. Luckily we did have a spare on hand.
That is interesting cause them headers are made not too far to the east of ya in the same town my wife went to school.

A chain is a pretty minimal break down unless its like a daily occurrence.

Unbelievable they use metric chain, do they even use metric bolts?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

That is interesting cause them headers are made not too far to the east of ya in the same town my wife went to school.

A chain is a pretty minimal break down unless its like a daily occurrence.

Unbelievable they use metric chain, do they even use metric bolts?
After what I found, and I need to find it again for ya and post, I think everything is imported and assembled there. Not sure they are made there, which is what I always thought.

Oh yes, chain is really nothing but it could've been avoided. Chain was kind of rusty and stiff from sitting.

There's isn't many bolt on it but from what I remember, yes metric bolts as well.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Might be a news to some but green combines built in Europe somewhere came to Aus with metric chains years ago. A neighbor had one I cannot remenmber the model it was a pain from one end to the other and resale was about zero.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Talked to a guy that was restoring a chain drive truck from before 1910 and before SAE specs. He couldn't find anything to fit it and finally had to go to metric chain to make it work. The next option was making new gears to SAE specs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts