The Combine Forum banner

self leveling shoe cx 840

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ozpete 
#1 ·
Iv'e had 2 inclinometers go out on my cx 840's one last season one last week and I think ihave another one go bad today and it is the same combine that had the problem last season. have any of you cx guys had that problem that often some of my neighbors have had there cx's for 5 or 6 years and never had theirs go bad just looking for some feed back

#3 ·
yes it is sending a fault code can't remember what it says. the one last week we could run thru cal mode and unplug actuator when it got level so we could combine till we got the part this one when we unplug it , it goes right back to unlevel and that is what it did last year. I'm starting to get a little paranoid because if you don't catch it right away you can lose a lot of seed in a hurry

#7 ·
Perform a calibration for the shoe. After cal is complete you may have to cycle thresher switch. The calibration can stop after going cw or ccw. It will say sucessful but it will be off to one side. Cycling the engagment switch will bring it level.

#8 ·
We have had the same problems with our CX 860 over the last 12 months. We have broken that rear shoe pivot point bracket causing the whole shoe to drop down. We had to replace the nylon rollers once the bracket was repaired as they were squashed from the shoe dropping down. As for the shoe not being level, ours was doing this and we discovered that the actuator was binding when operating in one direction and couldn't re-level itself if the shoe was to incline to a certain side. As we operate on level ground we have just re-levelled the shoe and unplugged the actuator as self-levellign as of no benefit on our country.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.