The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this so bear with me. My 9670 separator cover is wor beside the return inlet. Just wondering if anyone has removed it and how. Does it come out the front or the back?

·
Registered
160 Posts
When we did ours it comes out the rear over the engine. Tight but it will fit . 2-3 man job 4-5 hours?? Did this about 6 years ago.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You'll have to take some of the tin that shrouds the engine off. Then you'll have to remove the rear rotor cover to get the middle one off. Both the rear and middle go out the back. The front one is the only one that comes out the front. And even at that it's a real job to do it. Had several of each out over the years.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thank you guys. That was helpful. It seems like a bad thing to have to do to a 1500 hour machine
Been there. I've done this on several different machines and I'll say that for the front and mid top covers the high wear option is worth the money. Also keep an eye on the left front corner of the mid cover as thats where most of the wear is located. I had some Hardox 450 rolled to conform to the curve of the top cover and welded it in place in that spot. It's kind of tricky because of the vanes welded into the cover but manageable. That combined with high wear option has led to it lasting nearly 3000 hrs and still going.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks wavesofgrain. That sounds like a must to upgrade to the high wear option cover. I guess i should check out the front cover too when im in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts