The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9650sts that is showing a lot of wear on the right side of the top rotor cover at the round inspection hole. Just wondered if any one had any ideas on a way to fix it or get some more life out of it before i have to replace the hole top cover. Did not know if any one had came up with a patch to bolt to the inside of those six studs that hold the inspection cover on. Any thoughts would be help full. Thank You!

·
Registered
62 Posts
50 series like to wear right there, i have been patching them. Most of my customers never use that inspection hole,so i remove the bolts, plug weld the holes and smooth out, make a cardboard template, cut out a piece of steel, weld it in place and grind it smooth. Its much easier to do with the rotor out, but possible with it in.

himarker

·
Registered
650 Posts
We did the same thing. There are also some wear strips on the left side that can cause wear. We welded patches on both sides and got another 2 years wear out of them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yep. There is a lot of work you can do to help wear in that area. I have spent a lot of time chroming and hardsurfacing in that area.....its worth it. New top covers aren't cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts