The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 316 head on a M2 that will not feed. The reel and conveyor are rotating, however, the beans stack up and try to feed all at once clogging the header up. I had this problem last year thinking it was due to short beans, but my beans this year are 4' tall. They wedge between the conveyor and the rear feather sheets. Ideas?

·
Registered
147 Posts
i had that problem when my header height controll was messed up. the header wasn't going down enough and the beans would stack up on the hump of the rear feather sheet. another potential problem could be reel fingers cut off or reel too far foward

·
Registered
168 Posts
Make sure reel is as far down and as far back as it can be. On our 320 we put a piece of flexible hose (I think 2.5") right behind the cutter bar. Helps keep the stalks up and puts them into the table auger.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My 525 header had corrugated black plastic hose on it right behind the cutter bar too. It was held in by conduit clamps, it really does seem to help except in beans following wheat with stubble, it's just a place for it to pile up then. Another possibility is are you missing auger fingers? I lost a few and it did seem to make a big difference in how smoothly it fed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will definitely try the hose. Is there an adjustment to lower the conveyor auger closer to the feather sheets?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just a thought, but what's the condition of the flighting on the table conveyor? You might want to see if the edge is wore, if so take an angle grinder and square the edge back up. It may help grab and pull the material in before it can mound up and make a slug.

Yes, there is provision for both fore/aft and height adjustment. If you have a manual it's on pages D9 and D10, at least in my book. I don't know how much adjustment is there, but it may be worth a look.

Best of luck, Tom K.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
You could try driving a 3/4 inch lock washer over the edge of flighing in the trouble spot to see if it helps to grab the material.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts