The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished corn, now I want to setup for max performance in soybeans. Replacing the four front round bars with four large wires. Replacing the eight straight bars in the separation area with rasp bars and spikes. Vanes are in the slow position over front concaves. Mid position over rear. Should I replace the skip wires with round bars in the separation area? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran 2 small wire in the front and moved the large wire to the frist postion in back to help with pods. Rear vanes in fast gave me 50 hp and less mog on seive.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 2 small wires in front definetely help with pods but if the beans get dry, it will crack the beans bad. I run the front vanes in mid position.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Large wire in the front and skips in the back worked better than round bars in the back. Rounds in the rear increased the trash on the decks. Due to tough pods had to run rotor higher than normal 730 + and little tighter than normal "2". Vanes in middle all the way across with no straights, 8 spikes in the rear, fan @ 960, top 1-5/8 @ 16 bottom 1-1/8 @ 12 .With 35ft draper, 4.0 mph (head started to cut ragged above that speed), 50+ bu/acre dry, Zero dockage at the elevator. Next to no tailings.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Started Wed. Large in front, Skips in back.8 straights left in.4 spikes in rear. Vanes slow over concaves, Mid over separation with very back two in fast. Fan 900, Pre cleaner one notch open, 16 top,12 bottom, concaves 6. 35' draper, 4-4.5 mph. [ over that ragged cut] 50-65 BPA.Doing a good job, plenty of power. Added a adjustable deflector instead of fingers. Doing a better job of spreading. [ no windows of chaff]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started harvesting soybeans that have been sprayed with fungicide. Having trouble with Green stems and pods. Had to speed the rotor to 750, closed to 2, running a lot of tailings. Top sieve 15 , bottom 12,[ if close to 11 too much tailings. Fan 850-900. Need to do something to improve sample, they are seed beans , about 800 acres of them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Removed the 8 straight bars replaced with rasp bars and 4 spikes. Sample went from 5-8% dockage to 1%. Thinking about adding some wires to the skip wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts