The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using my 8010 for the first time. Im doing all the trucking and my 17 yr old son is in the combine so I haven't had much time to fuss with it. The sample is good . Its yielding very well. 130-140 bu/ac. The thing Im wondering about is the monitor is showing very high returns. Its showing low losses over the sieves and almost nothing out the rotor. There is a strip of heavier losses on the right side I guess from the heavy returns. I did try opening the bottom sieve more. Sample still good but returns still high. I don't remember all my settings but I just started with the default settings. TIA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi from Australia
I reckon the volumn potentiometer down on the returns auger is siezed. It has a swing arm on it that is pushed up as your material in the tailings auger tube increases and its common for that to hook up in its bush.
Check that out and see how you go.
Its down on the right hand side of the machine where the tailings feed into the processor which lifts it back up to the sieves
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
401 Posts
Same thing here. I have also had the same thing in soybeans and it has been what Headmech said every time. I just reach down in there and work it back and forth a little and it will work for a while. I probably should take it apart and replace or fix it, but this keeps me going

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.