The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has about 800 acres of sunflowers to do and he was wondering how he should set the combine. Anyone that can give me some help? What rotor modules should we use? We have a set of large skip wire, small wires and the round bars for corn. Can we use any of them. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
102 Posts
8010 dude-

My first year with the 8010, i have done about 250 acres so far and found that the wind in the ops manual to be awfully high. I use large wire mods in the front and then in the rear I use solid mods. What we did was put 16 gauge sheet metal and attached it to our large wire rear modulars. It keeps alot of the trash out of the sample. I run the rotor 280-300 wind around 600-650 top sieve 18 and bottom 11 and concave 10 -12. Hope this helps, if you have any different settings that you find work please share too!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bobeagle thanks for the info, I will pass it on to my dad. I would think they would be pretty close to being ready to combine. How did you attatch the sheet metal, just tack weld it or run a bolt and couple washers threw?

·
Registered
102 Posts
We used long carriage bolts that pass through the module and then a flat bar on the other end that clamps it tight against the back of the module. Just started oils today I let them get to dry. They are running around 9 9.5 moisture and they are just exploding into tiny pieces. Hard to clean them up when they are as dry as they are. I closed the sieves down to 15 top and 10 bottom. The other settings I gave you I was using for confections. Good luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks again, i think the ones we are gonna cut are the ones you eat dont know the correct term for them. I will have to get some sheet metal and make a cover plate i guess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts