The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to get my 9560 set so that it won't blow any soybeans out the back. I've played with the air and adjusted sieve/chaffer up and down but can't seem to get it right. I'm sure some of you guy's can help. It never seemed to be a problem setting the older walkers. Thanks in advance.

Dustin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dustin,
Are you sure you're loosing beans out of the shoe? Could it be rotor loss? Try more rotor speed and/or less concave clearance and see if that helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We have a 9560 as of this year. What are your setting for rotor speed and clearance, chaffer and sieve, and as previous poster asked, what are your loss monitor saying on your shoe and separator chart saying??? Are beans double crop or normal, and what is approximate moisture and yield of beans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been running the rotor anywhere from 730-790, which is higher than the book say's put I've told it's better to run a little faster. Am I wrong? As far as concave, I've tried anywhere from 19-25 and it doesn't seem to make a difference. As far as sieve, I started at 8 moved as far as 5. Chaffer I started at 17-18 and opened up as high as 21. Fan speed I had down around 800 at one point. Loss monitor isn't showing anything off the wall. If it's late and I'm pushing the speed they might read a little heavy but slowing down and opening concave seems to cure that. As far as beans go, some have been 65/bu, some 15/bu. Some planted in late may, some in mid july. Moisture has been 13-15.5. Bean size is small but test weight isn't bad 56-58. All and all, this is our second rotor and both have blown out beans more than our walkers did. This one is a bullet rotor if it makes any difference. I feel like we haven't got the feel for the rotors yet and any advice is very helpful. Thanks

Dustin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts