The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2366 has about 1800 sep hrs. how soon will I need to change the bushings on the sieve shaker arms? everything appears to be fine now.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
You are lucky youv'e gone this long ! although I do think they last longer on the 60 series than the 80 series combines. We had a 1460 with lots of hours on it and a 2166 as well never a problem. But we had 550 hours on our 2388 and had to replace bushings

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had a 1480 and 1688 and found out that changing them every 800 hours prevented alot of undo damage to sieves and shaker rails. Also check cam on right side of combine under the large shaker drive pulley. Replacing it will also save undo wear on rest of seperating system(hard to tell its worn as just a little play can lead to alot of problems).

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
replace bushings, keep track of shims behind arms, before you tighten arms, put shoe in mid stroke position to alighn shoe, case has a tool to alighn, see if you can borrow one, makes life alot easier, scott.

·
Registered
9 Posts
we have a 1688 and we learned the hard way that if you find wear in any of the shaker bushings,change all of them while your at it,dont forget the needle bearing in the main shaker arms,but the bright side is that we now have a nice new 1500 $ sieve as well.just a little $ can grow fast if you miss something.

·
Registered
80 Posts
hey scott!! Re: shaker arm bushings

had alot of trouble with shaker bushings...mostly being new to a combine. but our dealer is also new to a combine. they dont know to align the arms in the center of the stroke. i tried to explain it. what is scary is i went to west tenn. today to look at a 04 2388 with 1300 sep hours. was talking to the mechanic that went over it and claimed to be field ready and also supposed to be an area that runs more combines than pickers. he didnt know to align the arms when replacing bushings. he also only replaced one bushing. it was noticable where it was hitting the sheet metal.

what do i need to look for in a 04 2388 with 1300 sep hours? i felt of all the augers and they are not sharp. they replaced the unloader augers and the incline auger. i also noticed one of the wood blocks was wearing out under the throat. what else should i look for? thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing chaffer and shoe bushings.

How do I replace chaffer and shoe bushings on my 2003 2388. I have the chaffer out, it needs work. Also a cracked chaffer support bracket. Thanks

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My 2366 has about 1800 sep hrs. how soon will I need to change the bushings on the sieve shaker arms? everything appears to be fine now.
I had a 1680 and a 1688 and a 480 Lexion. The first failed rubber bushing happened at 15?? on all of them. I just changed them all when at it. I changed the bearings on the shaker drive while everything was apart also. I do not know for sure, but a magic number seems to be about 1500 hrs in my experience. You are due!!

PS Look at the rubber really close for cracks forming parallel to the steel outer and inner sleeves. When the rubber starts to crack and separate from the steel, it goes downhill quick after that. If one was not installed correctly (not in the mid stroke position) I suppose you may find one that is much worse than the rest. But for the work to change one (depends which one) it's best to just do them all.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Take a good look at them -- even take them apart I.E. take the ones at the back off where the bottom sieve drives the top one and look for any wear on the rubber or crack lines radiating from the centre steel bushing . If replacement is needed use only case ih bushings as the after market ones won't last . I have made up a tool that fits the inner bushing with a short pin and is just a tiny bit smaller than the outer steel jacket and use my press to push them out and it can get to many tons before they pop and start to move . If you don't have a proper tool you can screw up the bore quite easily . I also would suggest measuring the amount of inner shaft protruding and writing it down on the arm so you can get the new one in the same amount so you don't shove the sieve over too much or put too much stress on it or the bushings .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts