The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me the correct Shapefile Format for Shapfiles put on a USB into the Shapefile Folder? Thanks

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
EDIT. So I used an ancient version of SMS to create a prescription shape file. It looked like this:

Shapefile feature type is MultiPolygon.
Data fields are:
Field: string
Dataset: string
Product: string
Obj_ID: number
Tgt_Rate_L: number (seems to be the actual rate)
Target_Rat: number (not sure what this number is)
Target_Rat_1: number (not sure what this number is)

Hope this help a tiny bit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Torriem,

I asked wrong question,,,needing the projection format....thinking it’s W1984 unprotected bu not positive.

While I have your ear, I’m confused about ISOBUS and Patriot Sprayers,,,,,keep in mind my 4430 is a 2012 model. Talking with Sprayer Tech at Torgerson’s in Havre Montana last week, I asked him if my 4430 was ISOBUS wired,,,he said “ No...Patriots not ISOBUS until 2018”......this all came about as I was trying to get a VRT prescription into my PRO700 for Liquid N on my HRW......he also went on to say I needed the TASK CONTROL UNLOCK on myPro 700 in order to do Prescriptions for VRT...,,,,,,,,I’m thinking TASK CONTROL is ISOBUS?????????

Anyway,,,,he’s coming out in am to update Pro 700 software and recalibrateall systems and u lock TASK CONTROL if I do need it.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
The shapefiles I've been generating for my AFS 700 have no projection at all (no .prj file). They are just latitude and longitude points. On my QGIS I'm using a Google Maps layer, and it only looks right if I use a WGS84 projection. But that doesn't end up in the shapefile at all. I'm not sure what the Pro700 uses for a default projection system, but I don't think it matters. The shapefile I generated from SMS has a .prj file that says it is WGS_1984. But I am pretty sure I could delete the .prj file and it would still import fine in to the Pro700. I think the projection system would probably only influence the altitude numbers (if you had any in your shapefile).

The Task Controller certainly is normally a part of the ISOBUS system . If you had an ISOBUS rate controller installed, like the post-2018 machines (where the rate controller has its own virtual terminal, rather than going through a run screen item and the toolbox for settings), it would work with it. The older machines like mine and yours have non-isobus rate controllers. But since it's integrated into the Pro700 monitor, I guess the CNH Task Controller software must work with it, as well as ISOBUS rate controllers. However if you were to try to use a third-party task controller other than Raven, it wouldn't know anything about the non-ISOBUS rate controller. That's my understanding anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts