The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a major wreck with my sprayer. Rental one has sharpshooter on it. Want info on what you are running for tips and pressure for 5 and 10 gallon work.

I'm sure some guys have it figured out, and please let me know how you are running yours. My impression so far is it's good for one place, and that's no where near a sprayer

·
Super Moderator
597 Posts
Running the XR -05s might be showing to be very fine droplets for your application, so you might be feeling like half of the spray is floating down the field.

Not sure if you could pull off your tips from your old sprayer (or which tips would you have), as it'd suck for your first time using sharpshooter to feel like its awful. As long as they are not ABJs, they'll probably work better than the XR-05s for 5-10 gal applications that would need larger droplets.

·
Super Moderator
597 Posts

Yeah, not that you'd want to buy a set of tips for the sharpshooter sprayer, but you can get the same results as the ABJ with the Wilger MR tips.

Maybe check if your dealer would have something like a set of Wilger MR 110-05s.

(Picture from Wilger website using 10 US GPA w/ 15MPH and 400 microns for a target droplet size with sharpshooter.)

Again, if you needed to adjust your droplet size even more to adjust for the wind you have to put up with, than you drop your pressure while still going 15MPH and get a larger droplet.

Sucks to be in your position though.

What kind of ETA until your sprayer is functional?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bit of an update, Monday morning I ordered a set of teejet xr 11008's for this sprayer, not knowing any better but that is the style of tips that were on it and I knew I needed larger ones to get 10 gpa out at 20 ish mph. Got them and used them later yesterday. Drift seems somewhat less than the 05's but still isn't acceptable.
Cost of new nozzles is irrelevant, mine is done for a while and I want to do the best job possible for myself and my customers, drift control is also very important to me.

My fear of using the 08 nozzle at low pressure is that droplets may be to large for good coverage. By the time I see poor control, I will have covered a lot of acres and don't want a wreck.

Any other advise is greatly appreciated. Also not scared to by a bunch of nozzle body caps and throw the solenoids away, but I would like to give this a fair trial.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
8 foot? As is deep? OUCH! How is the rest of the machine besides the boom?
As in deep, yes. And I haven't noticed any stress cracks on paint anywhere on the main frame or leg that took the brunt of the hit. Not sure, but was thinking after that wheel motor bearings may have been stressed, could cause later issues.
Hydro handle may need replacing;)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.