The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was combining beans yesterday and ran a rock through the head. When I backed it out, the Driveshaft for the auger sheared off. Does anyone know how you can separate the shaft from the auger? There are no access holes to see the end of the shaft it's inside the auger. Not sure how it's fastened

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in the same predicament on a 925. The threaded stub end of the auger shaft broke off so the sprocket just sits there on the hex. We finished beans that way but have to scoot the auger back in place a couple times and put the chain and sprocket back on, and straighten the tightener:9:. We have an old 925 head I would like to get the shaft from and transplant.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
IIRC, you actually come thru the end sheet, loosen a "clamp" on the shaft, and push it IN. Then the auger can be moved out and the shaft removed from the auger. Been forever since I worked on one, so maybe I'm all wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
  1. IIRC, you actually come thru the end sheet, loosen a "clamp" on the shaft, and push it IN. Then the auger can be moved out and the shaft removed from the auger. Been forever since I worked on one, so maybe I'm all wrong.
Thank you for the reply. That seems like a good place to start. The drive shaft is $323 at mother Deere but we have a parts 925 head that may yield what I need. I will give it a try.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts